CURRIED LAMB & NOODLES
Makes: 6 Servings
12 oz Wide Egg Noodles, uncooked
3 tbsps all-purpose flour
1 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ lbs well trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into
1 ½ tbsps olive or vegetable oil, divided
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 small sweet or yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 14.5oz can low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup golden raisins
1/4 cup fresh mint or parsley, chopped
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile. Combine flour, curry powder, salt,
cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a plastic bag.
3. Add lamb, shake to coat.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick
skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
5. Add lamb, reserving any remaining flour mixture
6. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until lamb is well
browned. Transfer lamb to plate or bowl; set aside.
7. Heat remaining ½ teaspoon oil in same skillet
over medium-low heat.
8. Add carrots and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring
9. Add garlic and reserved flour mixture; cook 1
minute, stirring occasionally.
10. Add broth and raisins; bring to a simmer.
11. Simmer uncovered 8 to10 minutes or until carrots
12. Stir in lamb; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until
lamb is heated through and sauce thickens.
13. Drain noodles; top with lamb mixture and sprinkle with mint