1. Cut beef into 2-inch squares. Combine marinade
ingredients in a bowl. Add meat and stir to coat.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan and set
4. Place egg and cornstarch in separate bowls.
5. Dip beef in egg, drain briefly, then dip in
cornstarch; shake off excess.
6. In a wok or 2-quart saucepan, heat oil for
deep-frying to 360 F.
7. Deep-fry beef, a few pieces at a time, turning
occasionally, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
8. Cook sauce over medium heat. Stirring, until
9. Add beef in the sauce. Stir fry and serve