BEEF TENDERLOIN FETTUCCINE
Makes: 8 Servings
12oz Fettuccine, uncooked
1 lb fresh baby carrots
1 10oz bag frozen pearl onions
1 lb beef tenderloin tips or steaks, cut into 1-inch
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsps margarine
2 tsp minced garlic
1 10 ½ oz can double-strength beef broth, undiluted
1/3 cup dry red wine such as cabernet sauvignon
1 ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
chopped fresh thyme or Italian parsley (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Add carrots during last 5 minutes of cooking
3. Meanwhile, thaw onions in microwave oven at high
power about 2 minutes or in a bowl of cool
4. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
5. Add half of beef in bag; shake to coat.
6. Melt 1 tbsp margarine in a large, deep nonstick
skillet over medium-high heat; add floured beef.
7. Quickly brown beef, turning once, about 2
8. Transfer to plate and set aside.
9. Melt remaining tablespoon of margarine in
skillet; repeat browning with remaining beef,
reserving any flour mixture in bag.
10. Transfer beef to same plate.
11. Add garlic to drippings in skillet; cook 2
minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Add any remaining; mix well.
13. Add beef broth, thawed pearl onions, wine and
thyme to skillet; bring to a boil.
14. Stir in reserved beef.
15. Simmer uncovered about 4 minutes or until beef
is pink in center and sauce has thickened
16. Drain pasta and carrots; arrange in shallow soup
17. Toss pasta with beef mixture; sprinkle with fresh thyme or
parsley if desired.