ANGEL HAIR & HAM
Makes: 5 to 6 Servings
12oz Angel Hair, uncooked
1 10oz box frozen baby peas, defrosted or
- 1/4 cups cooked peas, divided
1 ½ cups 1% milk
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsps vegetable oil
1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
2 cups chopped extra-lean ham
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, combine ½ cup of the
peas, milk, flour, salt and pepper in a blender jar
or food processor.
3. Blend until very smooth.
4. Add remaining peas and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add onions and ham and cook, tossing, until onion
is tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Add milk mixture, reduce heat to low and simmer 3
minutes, stirring constantly.
8. When pasta is done, drain well, reserving ½ cup
of pasta cooking liquid.
9. Add ham sauce and reserved pasta cooking liquid.
10. Stir over low heat until pasta is coated with
11. Transfer to a serving platter or plates.
12. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.