MOSTACCIOLI AND SHRIMP WITH TANGERINE
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
1 lb Mostaccioli, Ziti or other medium pasta shape,
5 ½ cups tangerine or orange juice, divided
1 large yellow onion, minced
1 tbsp jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp garlic, minced and divided
1 tbsp oil or vegetable oil
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Brie cheese (about 4oz), diced
2 tbsp basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 cup tangerine or orange segments
1/3 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
1. Combine 5 cups of the tangerine or orange juice,
the yellow onion, jalapeno, bay leaves and 1 tsp
of garlic in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to boil and cook until liquid is reduced by
3. Remove the bay leaves. Allow to cool.
4. Transfer juice mixture to a blender and blend
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
6. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
7. While pasta is cooking, add the oil, red onion
and shrimp to a medium skillet.
8. Saute 1 minute.
9. Add the remaining ½ cup tangerine or orange juice
to the skillet and cook over low heat.
10. Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and add
the reserved orange sauce and the shrimp mixture.
11. Cook over low heat 1 minute.
12. Stir in Brie and basil.
13. Stir until Brie is melted.
14. Transfer to a serving bowl.
15. Garnish with orange segments and toasted
16. Serve immediately.