1. Beat the octopus with a hammer or against the
concrete to tenderize. This may take 15 minutes
2. Cut and clean the octopus into pieces about
twice the size of serving because the meat will shrink
when cooked. Marinate in vinegar, 1/4 cup olive
oil, garlic, some oregano, salt and pepper.
3. To cook, warm the BBQ to low-medium heat and
lay on the meat.
4. Baste with a mixture of the remaining olive
oil, the juice from the lemons, and the oregano,
being careful not to cause a flame to erupt in
5. When cooked, pour the remaining marinade over the octopus