FRESH SHRIMP ROLLS
Makes: 24 Rolls
6 oz thin rice stick noodles, (Vermicelli)
1 lb medium shrimp, boiled, peeled, deveined and
sliced in half lengthwise
2 large carrots, peeled and grated
1 large head of lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed,
3/4 cup fresh Thai holy basil or sweet basil leaves,
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Spicy Lime Dressing
24 round Paper wrappers
Spicy Sweet and Sour dipping sauce
Spicy Lime Dressing:
3 tbsps fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes
1 to 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 ½ tbsps sugar
1. Softened Vermicelli in hot water, cooked until
just tender. Rinse under cold water and drained,
cut into 3 inch lengths.
2. Poach the shrimp in boiling water until pink.
Remove from heat; drain. Peel and devein the
shrimp and then slice in half lengthwise.
3. Mix Spicy Lime Dressing ingredients together.
4. In a bowl, combine the noodles, carrots, basil,
5. Add the spicy lime dressing and toss lightly to
6. Fill a wide shallow pan with hot water and spread
a dish towel out on a work surface.
7. Dip a rice wrapper in the water for about 3
seconds until softened and place on the towel.
8. Place a lettuce leaf on the lower third of the of
the rice wrapper.
9. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of the noodle mixture onto
the lettuce, arrange 2 shrimp halves next to
each other, and roll up into a cylinder, tucking in
the ends as you go.
10. Place the roll on a platter and cover with a
damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
11. Repeat with remaining rice wrappers, noodles and
12. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Peanut sauce for dipping.