"My husband and I love grilling. We created this
unique dessert for my mother, who can't
eat most grain products. She was thrilled with the
sweet fruit topping spooned over
vanilla ice cream."
You Will Need
3 medium tart apples, peeled
1/3 cup raisins
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Vanilla ice cream
What to Do
1. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; place all on an
18-inch-square piece of heavy-duty foil.
2. Sprinkle with raisins; drizzle with lemon juice.
3. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon,
cloves, salt, and nutmeg; cut in the butter. Stir in the
4. Sprinkle over apples and raisins.
5. Fold foil around apple mixture and seal tightly. Grill over
indirect medium heat for 18 to 22 minutes or until
apples are tender. Serve over ice cream.
Makes: 3 cups