1. Place almonds in food processor fitted with metal
blade, blend until finely chopped.
2. Add egg white, sugar and rum, blend until well
3. Roll out between two sheets of greaseproof paper
to 5 mm (1/4 in.) thickness.
4. Using a 4 cm (1 ½ in.) fluted cutter, cut out
5. Place walnuts on baking tray and bake in hot oven
5 minutes; remove and cool, chop finely.
6. Brush top of biscuit with unbeaten extra egg
white, dip in walnuts and place on lightly greased
7. Stand uncovered at room temperature 2 hours.
8. Bake in hot oven 5 to 8 minutes or until golden.
9. Cool on wire racks.