1. Scald cream and milk in a saucepan.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and cornstarch.
3. In a metal bowl, whisk remaining ingredients
together and small part of the hot milk mixture.
4. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and
whisk in remaining milk mixture. When
mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal
spoon, pour into metal tray. Refrigerate in freezer
5. Remove from freezer and fold into mixing bowl.
Using electric mixer, blend on medium speed
for 3 to 5 minutes. Return to tray.
6. Return to freezer. Freeze for 12 hours.