Makes: 10-12 Servings
2 tbsp chopped fresh lemon grass
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 ½ tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
½ cup onion, chopped
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground white pepper
½ cup thickened cream
1 lb fish fillets, skinned and all bones removed
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup finely diced red capsicum
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
1. Combine the chopped lemon grass, garlic, ginger,
paprika, cayenne pepper, onion, turmeric, white
pepper and cream in a food processor and mix to a
2. Scrape into a large bowl.
3. Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper
4. To the processor, add the fish and process until
finely ground (but not mashed to a pulp), then
transfer to the bowl with the lemon grass paste.
5. Stir in the lightly beaten eggs, 1 1/4 cups of
the bread crumbs, salt and add the capsicum and red
onion, mix in well.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and put into
the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan
over medium heat.
8. Wet your hands and shape the fish mixture into
9. Roll in the remaining bread crumbs and fry, in
batches, until golden, crispy, and cooked through.
10. Drain on paper towels.
11. Serve with lemon wedges.