1 20 oz. can unsweetened peeled, sliced apples
1/2 c.Frozen apple-juice concentrate
1 l/4 c. Whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 c.Regular rolled oats
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Cloves
2 Egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form
1. Stir together the apples, raisins, and apple
juice in a large bowl.
2. Combine the dry ingredients and stir them into
the apple mixture.
3. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
4. Turn the batter into a 9 inch round nonstick cake
pan and bake uncovered
in a 350 degree oven for 1 l/4 hours.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and cool for about 10
minutes before removing
Makes 12 servings