PENNE WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS AND CHICKEN
Makes: 2 Servings
8oz Mostaccioli, Radiatore or other medium pasta
1 8oz can artichoke hearts, drained
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1"
½ cup evaporated skimmed milk
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
½ tsp Dijon Mustard with seeds
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, squeeze as much water
from the artichoke hearts as possible and cut each
piece in half lengthwise.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the chicken and artichoke hearts.
4. Saute, stirring frequently, until chicken is
golden brown, about 6 minutes.
5. Add the evaporated skimmed milk, parsley and
mustard to the pan and stir to remove the brown
bits from the bottom and sides of the pan. Heat to
boiling and boil until the liquid is reduced in
volume by half.
6. Drain the pasta and transfer it to the skillet.
(If the skillet is not deep or large enough, return the
pasta to the cooking pot and add the contents of the
skillet to the pot).
7. Heat over low heat, stirring, until the pasta is
mixed well with the sauce.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste; toss in parmesan
cheese if desired. Divide between bowls and serve