1. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place chicken between waxed paper: pound to an
3. Add chicken to marinade and stir to coat. Let
stand for 10 minutes.
4. Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
5. In a wok or 2-quart saucepan, heat oil for
deep-frying to 350F.
6. Dip chicken in cornstarch; shake to remove
7. Dip into egg and, drain briefly, then coat with
8. Deep-fry chicken, turning once, until golden
brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove with a
slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
9. Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring, until it
10. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring,
until sauce boils and thickens.
11. Add diced melons; cook until heated through.
12. To serve, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
13. Pour sauce on top.