CREAMY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM
Makes: 6 Servings
120z Fettuccine, uncooked
8oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
8oz mushrooms, sliced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 ½ cups low-fat mayonnaise
3/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 tbsps fresh basil, minced or 1 tsp dried pepper
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
½ tsp paprika
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
3. Add chicken and saute over medium-high heat,
stirring frequently, until chicken is golden brown
and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from the pan.
5. Recoat the skillet with cooking spray.
6. Add the mushrooms and red pepper; saute until
tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Combine the mayonnaise, milk, cheese, basil,
pepper and paprika in a small bowl.
8. Add to the vegetables in the skillet.
9. Add the chicken to the skillet.
10. Stir constantly, and heat over medium-low heat
until thoroughly heated.
11. When pasta is done, drain and return it to the
12. Add the contents of the skillet to the pot and
13. Serve immediately.