CHICKEN TERIYAKI NOODLES
Makes: 6 Servings
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into
small chunks or slices
2 tbsps teriyaki glaze (homemade or commercial)
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger root, chopped
1 carrot, cut julienne
1 rib celery, cut into julienne
1 zucchini, cut into julienne
½ lb bean sprouts
1 ½ cups chicken stock, dashi or water
3/4 lbs udon noodles or spaghetti
1. In a small bowl, marinate chicken in teriyaki
glaze for ½ to overnight in the refrigerator.
2. To cook, heat oil in a large, deep, preferably
non-stick skillet or a large heavy wok.
3. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is
4. Add onions, garlic and ginger and stir fry about
5. Add carrots, celery and zucchini and stir 3
minutes until vegetables just begin to wilt.
6. Add stock and bring to boil. Cook gently 2
minutes until chicken is cooked through and add bean
7. Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling
water until almost tender.
8. Drain and add chicken and vegetables.
9. Toss pasta with vegetables in the pan over gentle
heat for a few minutes until noodles absorb
10. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if
11. Serve in large bowls.