CHICKEN TEQUILA FETTUCCINE
Makes: 6 Servings
1 lb spinach Fettuccine, uncooked
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
3 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp gold tequila
2 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/4 lbs chicken breast, diced 3/4-inch
½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
½ medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1. Saute cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tbsp
butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, tequila and lime juice.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until
reduced to a paste like consistency. Set aside.
4. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken.
5. Marinate for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook onion and peppers, stirring
occasionally, with remaining butter over medium
heat until wilted.
7. Add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved
tequila/lime paste and cream.
8. Bring to a boil, until chicken is cooked through,
about 3 minutes.
9. Toss with hot sauce and serve immediately.