1. Rinse and dry the chicken pieces.
2. Place the oil in a wide saucepan and when hot,
fry the chicken pieces on both sides until they
3. Take the chicken out, add and fry onion and
garlic until they are pale brown.
4. Add the oregano, thyme, tomatoes and water,
pressing them with a wooden spoon to break them
5. Bring to the boil.
6. Season with salt and pepper, add the chicken
pieces, cover and cook the chicken for 20 minutes
and than add 1 ½ lbs of prepared okra on top.
7. The okra should sit in but not be covered by the
8. Add a little water if needed. Shake the pan and
cook slowly for about 30 minutes without
stirring, but rotating the saucepan occasionally.
9. Continue cooking until the water has evaporated
and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
10. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.