BOW TIES WITH CHICKEN AND CRANBERRIES
Makes: 6 Servings
12 oz Bow tie pasta, uncooked
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup cranberry liqueur or port wine
2 tbsp butter or margarine
½ cup sliced shallots or chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into
1 ½-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups can low-sodium chicken broth
chopped fresh thyme or parsley (optional)
1. Combine cranberries and liqueur in a small
microwave safe bowl.
2. Cook in microwave oven on high power 50 seconds
or until hot.
3. Let stand while preparing pasta and chicken.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, deep nonstick
6. Add shallots; cook over medium heat 5 minutes,
7. Combine flour, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper in
a plastic or paper bag.
8. Add chicken; shake to coat.
9. Add chicken and any remaining flour mixture to
skillet; cook 5 minutes, or until chicken is not
longer pink, stirring occasionally.
10. Add broth to skillet; bring to a simmer,
11. Simmer uncovered 5 to 6 minutes or until sauce
thickens slightly and chicken is cooked through.
12. Drain cranberries; stir in sauce.
13. Drain pasta; return to pot.
14. Add chicken mixture, tossing well.
15. Sprinkle with thyme, if desired.