ASIAN CHICKEN AND NOODLES
Makes: 4 Serves
8oz Medium Egg noodles, uncooked
1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 4oz can sliced water chestnuts
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp white pepper
1 tsp dried cilantro
2 tbsp toasted almonds (optional)
1. Prepare egg noodles according to package
2. In a large skillet or wok, saute chicken,
carrots, scallions and red bell pepper in oil until chicken
is opaque and white, about 4 minutes, stirring
3. Add soy sauce, celery, water chestnuts, garlic
powder, white pepper and cilantro.
4. Mix all ingredients together, cover and simmer
for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked egg noodles.
6. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, if desired.