Makes: 4 Servings
2 chicken thighs (about 12 oz in total), boned and
1/4 tsp salt
½ egg white, lightly beaten
1 tsp cornstarch paste
1 green bell pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3-4 dried red chilies, soaked in water for 10
1 scallion, cut into short sections
few small pieces of fresh ginger, peeled
1 tbsp sweet bean paste or hoisin sauce
1 tsp chili bean paste
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2/3 cup roasted cashews
few drops of sesame oil
1. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes, each about
the size of a sugar cube.
2. Combine the chicken, salt, egg white and
cornstarch paste in a bowl.
3. Seed the bell pepper and cut it into cubes about
the same size as the chicken.
4. Heat the oil in a preheated wok. Stir-fry the
chicken cubes for about 1 minute or until the colour
5. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and keep
6. Add the bell pepper, chillies, scallion and
ginger and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
7. Then add the chicken, sweet bean paste, chili
bean paste and wine or sherry.
8. Blend well and cook for 1 minute.
9. Add the cashews and sesame oil.
10. Serve hot.