HOT STUFFED NACHO SHELLS
Makes: 8 Servings
32 to 36 Jumbo Shells (12oz package), uncooked
3/4 lb extra-lean ground beef
1.25oz package low-sodium taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
16oz can refried beans with chilies
1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup mild, medium or hot picante sauce
8 oz can low-sodium tomato sauce
2 oz can sliced ripe olives, drained
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, saute beef in a large
skillet until browned; drain well.
3. Add taco seasoning mix and water; simmer 5
minutes or until thickened.
4. Stir in beans and cheese.
5. Cook until smooth and well mixed.
6. When pasta is done; drain well.
7. Fill shells with beef mixture (1-2 tbsps per
8. Combine picante sauce and tomato sauce in a
9. Cook until heated, stirring occasionally.
10. Preheat oven to 350 F.
11. Spread ½ cup sauce over the bottom of a 9 x
13-inch baking pan that has been coated with
12. Place filled shells side by side on top of
sauce; pour remaining sauce evenly over shells.
13. Sprinkle with olives.
14. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 35 to 40 minutes
or until thoroughly heated.
15. Sprinkle with green onions.
16. Cover let stand 5 minutes before serving.