1. Cook lasagne pieces according to package
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
3. Trim ends and peel eggplant; cut crosswise into
12 1/4-inch slices.
4. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; coat well with
5. Broil for 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 5
minutes or until browned.
6. Turn; coat well with cooking spray.
7. Broil 3 minutes.
8. Remove from broiler; sprinkle with basil and
9. Return to broiler; broil 1 minute or until cheese
is golden brown.
10. Remove pan for broiler; let stand 5 minutes.
11. Preheat oven to 375 F.
12. Combine marinara sauce and Italian seasoning.
13. Spread 1/3 cup sauce each in bottom of two
disposable foil 8 x 8 2-inch baking pans.
14. Drain lasagne; rinse with cold water.
15. Cut lasagne pieces crosswise, forming 18 pieces.
16. Layer 3 pieces in each pan; top with half the
17. Place eggplant slices over cheese and top with
18. Repeat layering in each pan with 3 more lasagne
pieces, sauce, remaining ricotta cheese, last 3
lasagne pieces and remaining sauce.
19. Cover pans with aluminum foil; place one pan in
a large resealable freezer bag. Freezer storage
for two months.
20. Bake remaining lasagne 40 minutes or until hot.
21. Remove foil; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella
22. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or until
cheese is melted.
23. Let stand 5 minutes, cut in squares.