1. Remove rind from bacon, fry until golden on both
sides, chop finely.
2. Beat butter until creamy, add egg yolk, combine
3. Add grated cheese, mix well. Add sifted flour and
salt and mix to form dough; wrap in plastic
wrap, refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to 3 mm
(1/8 in.) thick. Cut into rounds with
4 cm (1 ½ in.) fluted cutter.
5. Put rounds on greased oven trays, sprinkle with
bacon and cheese (extra).
6. Bake in moderately hot oven 10 mins or until
7. Cool on wire rack.